In 1870, in order to block the South Side RR from exteding its line eastward from Patchogue, the LIRR built a new branch off the Main Line at Manor (later Manorville) south to Eastport, then east to Bridgehampton and finally north to Sag Harbor. Later, in 1895, the LIRR extended this line from Bridgehampton east to Montauk, and eventually the portion from Bridgehampton to Sag Harbor became a shuttle service only.
It was abandoned around 1940.
Click here for track maps of the Sag Harbor branch.
Here's a picture (Dave Keller) of the Sag Harbor express house in 1968
Here's one of the abandoned ROW, also from 1968 (Dave Keller).
Back to Abandoned Branches page