East Williston - The original station, built in 1880 was torn down in 2005. Unfortunately, it was deemed to be in such bad condition that it could not be renovated. The first picture was taken in 1999. The last three were taken in June, 2006.
Albertson - first appears on June, 1875 timetable. A station building was erected in 1913 and torn down in 1954. The first picture was taken in 1999. The remaining were taken in June, 2006.
Roslyn - Original building dated from 1865. The present brick station dates from 1887.The first picture was taken in 2000. The remaining were taken in June, 2006. The interior has been beautifully restored.
Wheatley Hills (North Roslyn after 1901) - at N. Hempstead Tpke. and Roslyn Road from 1898-1924
Greenvale - The only station building that ever existed was a small shed. The first picture is from 2000; the second is from 1937. The remaining were taken in June, 2006.
Glen Head - the original terminus of the line in 1865. According to Seyfried, a new building opened in 1888 and was torn down and replaced with a new building in 1961. The first picture is from 2000. The second and third pictures are from the August 17, 1961 issue of the employee newsletter showing the new and old stations, respectively. The remaining pictures were taken in June, 2006.
Sea Cliff - service began May, 1867. Original building was erected then. Current building dates from 1888. The first picture is from 1999; the rest are from June, 2006
Glen Street - This was the terminus in 1867. Original building was erected then. Current building dates from 1888. The first picture is from 1999, the rest were taken in June, 2006. One again the LIRR has done a great job with the interior restoration. Check out the Keystone logo!
Glen Cove - The current station building dates from 1895. The first two pictures are from 1999, the rest were taken in June, 2006.
Locust Valley - This was the terminus of the line from 1869 to 1889. Orginal building dated from 1872. The current building dates from 1906. The first picture is from 1999 and the rest were taken June, 2006.
Mill Neck (Bayville prior to 1892). This stop was discontinued on 3/16/1998 (thanks to Bill S. for the date), but the station building, which dates from 1911, is still standing and is used as the Village Hall and Police Dep't.
Oyster Bay - service began 6/25/1889 and we now know that the currently unused station building is from that period.
Gary Farkash (past president of the Friends of Locomotive 35) contributed the following in 2004.
The First picture was taken in 2000 and the remaining are from June, 2006.
Back to Stations Today page